Rebecca Oaks MICFor, BSc (hons)
My woodland consultancy business has been going a couple of years now and things have been busy so far! Previously I was RDPE Forester for Cumbria Woodlands, where I ran the highly successful Woodland Advisory Service, now I am able to provide woodland advice on a freelance basis. Prior to that I had twenty years’ experience of the coppice industry, having built a thriving business as a coppice merchant.
Work undertaken this year:
- Applying for the new Countryside Stewardship Grants
- Managing my clients existing EWGS Woodland Grants
- Writing woodland management plans for clients
- Obtaining felling licences for clients
- Conducted a mini marketing survey and report on Coppicing in the Rusland Valley for the Rusland Horizons HLF project http://www.ruslandhorizons.org/
- Did the research and wrote a woodfuel directory ‘Feel Good about Wood’ for the Arnside and Silverdale AONB Bittern Countryside CIC
- Follow up on the research project on volunteer working in the conservation sector
If you have a woodland and need help to realise its full potential or just pointing in the right direction I can offer a full range of practical, financial and experience based solutions for woodland owners.
- Advice and support on grant applications
- Management plans
- Felling licences
- New woodland creation
- Coppice products
- Woodfuel, including firewood and charcoal
- Value adding to timber products
- I look forward to hearing from you.